Sunday, April 30, 2006

Secret Pearl Jam Show

Quietly, a leak regarding a secret Pearl Jam show at the very intimate Irving Plaza in New York City found itself on my lap this past Wednesday. At the Tower Records on 4th and Broadway on May 2nd, a lucky 450 Pearl Jam fans that purchase their new self-titled disk that drops at midnight, will get one free ticket to the show. By Thursday people were already lining up outside, ready to make home on the sidewalk. I of course, spirit a chance at such an idea – having Eddie Vedder spit on my face. I’ve been walking around this weekend with a permanent hard on thinking about it. But the show being on May 5th means I’ll be out of the state, so I won’t be able to attend. Nevertheless, 450 dedicated Pearl Jam fans that have been camping out since Wednesday will get to see a personal rock show.
Saturday, there was an anti-war march in downtown Manhattan. I regret to think about the Pearl Jam fans sitting outside the Tower Records waiting for a chance at a free concert ticket, when they could’ve been supporting the march. I’m sure Eddie Vedder would’ve opted for a different weekend. I bet many of the fans contemplated whether or not they should be in the line or in the march. I know - it’s a tough decision. Tens of thousands of people showed up to protest the war. I think the message was sent, regardless of those Pearl Jam fans. No sweat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home