Saturday, April 22, 2006

Dredg live @ Avalon, NYC 4.21.06

Dredg played last night at the Avalon in New York City - which, if you didn't know, is inside a church. Cool huh? Ours were the openers, but I only got to see a song of theirs but it sounded fantastic. Dredg came out with a full 2 hour set, playing songs from their latest album "Catch Without Arms" and their 2nd album "El Cielo." As brilliant as Dredg sounds on record, with all their experimentation and background voices and distortions, they pulled of a magnificent performance of each song. Absolutely stunning! Besides the two fucking idiots standing in front of me, the show was spectacular. The highlight was the show closer with an old track from "Leitmotif." Although Dredg didn't play an encore, they did something I had never seen before. They played their last song, while the drummer kept drumming and playing piano, while the tech crew dismantled his drum set. He played till he had no instruments left. AND I caught a drum stick...go me! He must've thrown out about 10 drum sticks, hit people in the face and shit...it was great









And i saw this spray pained on the side of the road...I didn't do it, trust me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home